- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked in 1 cup water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz jar pimentos, drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Steam butternut squash for 20-30 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews. In a blender cashews with 1 cup of water for a minute until you get a smooth cashew cream. Now place the rest of the ingredients in the blender with the cashew cream and blend until you get a very smooth orange sauce. Blend about 2 minute in a high speed blender or about 4-5 minutes in a regular blender.
- Pour the sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat cook whisking continuously for 2-3 minutes until it thickens. Serve queso warm or at room temperature with baked tortilla chips or vegetables.
Love Indian food but a lot of the recipes are high carb, so we who have to watch our carbs don’t eat the food as often as we would like. Would like to see more recipes with the low carb veggies we so love!
This is a subject close to my heart cheers. Thanks